Emmanuel Adebayor cries...





SEA, I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.



J'ai gardé ses histoires pendant un long moment mais aujourd'hui je pense qu'il est bien de partager avec vous. C'est vrai que les affaires de familles doivent être reglées en famille et pas en public, mais je le fais pour que d'autres familles apprennent les leçons. Il faut noter que tout ceci n'est pas à propos d'argent.

À l'age de 17 ans, avec mes premiers salaires de footballeur, j'ai construit une maison pour ma famille et je me suis assuré qu'ils étaient en sécurité. Comme vous le savez, j'ai été élu "Meilleur Joueur Africain" en 2008. A cette occasion j'ai emmené ma mère sur le podium pour la remercier pour tout. Pendant cette même année, je me suis assuré qu'elle vienne à Londres pour des plusieurs visites médicales. Quand ma fille est née, on a appelé ma mère pour l'informer mais elle a directement raccroché. En lisant vos commentaires, certains proposent que j'aille voir le pasteur T B Joshua pour parler des problèmes familiaux. En faite, en 2013, j'avais donner de l'argent à ma mère pour aller voir ce pasteur au Nigéria. Elle devait rester pour 1 semaine, mais deux jours après on m'a appellé pour dire quelle est partie. En plus de cela, j'ai donné une grande somme à ma mère pour lancer un business de biscuits et autres produits. Naturellememt, je l'ai autorisé à mettre mon nom dessus pour vendre beaucoup plus. Quoi d'autre un fils peut faire pour supporter sa famille?

Il y a quelques années, j'ai acheté une maison pour 1,2million $ au Ghana. J'ai trouvé normal de mettre ma grande soeur Yabo Adebayor dans cette maison, ainsi que mon demi frère Daniel. Quelques mois après, je retourne de vacances et j'ai remarqué qu'il y avait beaucoup de voitures devant la maison. La verité est que ma soeur a loué la maison sans me prévenir. Elle a aussi renvoyé Daniel de la maison. Imaginez que cette maiso avait environs 15 chambres. Quand je l'ai appelé pour en discuter, elle m'a insulté au telephone pendant 30 minutes. Ma mère aussi a fait la même chose. Cette même soeur dit que je suis ingrat. Demandez lui à propos de la voiture qu'elle conduit ou tout ce qu'elle vend aujourd'hui.

Mon frère Kola est en Allemagne depuis 25 ans et n'est rentré au pays que 4 fois, à mes propres frais. Je supporte les frais d'etudes de ses enfants. Quand j'étais à Monaco, il est venu me demader de l'argent pour commencer un business. Seul Dieu sait combien il a reçu de moi. Où est ce business aujourd'hui?
Quand notre frère Peter était décédé, j'ai envoyé une grande somme à Kola pour qu'il puisse rentrer au pays. On ne l'a pas vu aux funérailles. Et maintenant il annonce que je suis impliqué dans la mort de Peter. Comment?
C'est le même frère qui a empoché de l'argent de "The Sun" pour raconter des histoires peu précises sur notre famille. Ils ont aussi envoyé une lettre à mon Club quand j'étais à Madrid pour me virer.

Quand j'étais à Monaco je pensais qu'il serait bien d'avoir une famille de footballeur donc j'ai trouvé une académie de football pour mon frère Rotimi en France. Quelques moi après il a volé 21 telephones des ses coéquipiers. Il y avait 27 joueurs dans l'équipe.

Je ne dirais rien à propos de mon frère Peter Adebayor qui est décédé. Que son âme repose en paix.

Ma soeur Lucia Adebayor dis au gens que mon père m'a dis de l'emmené en Europe mais j'ai refusé. Quel serait le but de l'emmener en Europe? Tout le monde est ici pour une raison.

J'étais au Ghana quand j'ai recu les nouvelles que mon frère (Peter) était gravement malade. J'ai conduit le plus vite possible au Togo pour proposer mon aide. A mon arrivée, ma mère a disque je ne peux pas le voir. Elle a dis de lui donner l'argent et elle allait s'en charger de le guérrir. Dieu seul sait combien je lui ai donné. Et les gens disent toujours que je n'ai rien fait pour sauver mon frère. Vous pensez que j'ai conduis 2 heure au Togo pour rien?

J'ai organisé une reunion de famille en 2005 pour régler tous les problèmes. Quand j'ai demandé leur opinion, ils ont voulu que he leur offre une maison à chaque membre de la famille et que je leur donne un salaire mensuel. Aujourd'hui je suis vivant mais ils ont déja partagé tous mes biens. Pour toutes ses raisons, ma fondation a eu du mal a se lancer. A chaque que je veux aider les plus démunis, ils s'y opposent.

Si j'écris ceci, l'objectif principal n'est pas d'exposer ma famille. Je veux juste que d'autres familles Africaines apprennent de ceci. Merci.


  • Sabine Ochinanwata I could tell similar stories about some young men who came to Germany in the 80's to work hard (eventually illegal), they sent money home to Nigeria for a good living for their families. Some also could afford to send cars, families should use them for...See More


  • MimiWenu Doudley Muhia create another family in friends n forget about them for sometime.
  • Nana Afia Serwaah Bonsu Sadly we cannot pick our family but you can make your own and move on.


  • Sam Ekuban Emma, please read my short advise.
    You have done well for your family despite all that's going on. Enough is enough.
    1. Stop worrying about your siblings, they are of age and should find some work to do. They have suck enough money from you.
    ...See More


  • Samuel Alabi Family. If you follow them. You will die before your time.


  • Tim Brett Thank you for sharing this it explains a lot we at Spurs wish you could get back on a football pitch and score goal and get these money grabbing leaches out of your life


  • Opeele Boateng This is a touching story. Now I understand you Emmanuel Adebayor. I know how u feel. Sorry and leave all to God!


  • Nana Kwesi Tears Are Falling,How Many People On This Planet Can Be Good As You.You Have Done Your Best And Your Reward Is In Heaven.Never Give Up Continue With The Good Works For Your Maker Will Bless You Forever.Live Long Bro #SadButTrue


  • Viboyo OweyoMusic Another Typical African Family Story!!


  • Michael Owusu You are a great man Sheyi.Funnyface is not your family member but u bought him a range rover sport,this tells me that you have done things for your family too.God bless your hand works and the fruit of ur labour be in abundance.You are truly a role model


  • Frank Gashumba I live in Uganda. And 've gone through the same. The more you give them, the more they ask for more. Give them your main house, they will demand for a servants quoter. They will never be greatfull. And I have paid a heavy price for that. The worst regret we have in Life, is not for the wrong things we did, but for the thousands of Right things we did for the wrong people!!


  • Tricien Kabanga Xris Mukalenga man i had bad image about you ..but after i have gone through yo post both in french and english for almost 4Times .....man am sory i used to hate u..but u are completely innocent


  • GeneralKing Faisal this only happens in Africa, white wont depend on brother, sister, father or mother but rather work to achieve, this is why we aint progressing "when you start to make it , they want to bring you down"the whole family become burden on you, become lazy,...See More


  • Samira Seidu Tears on my eyes reading your side of the story. ..but my brother your mother will always be your mother. .find a place in your heart to forgive and bring them closer to you. ...I wish you injury free


  • Maame Darkowaa As a parent, you must realise that, your responsibilities towards your child do not end till you die. As your child grows, your role as a parent changes. You do not bring a child into the world as an insurance policy or a pension fund. You do not expect your child to pay you for taking care of him.


  • Pizzy Godson Forgive them all and move on God will surely double everything for you cause you are born to be rich and no man or woman can stop that fact.Bless Bro Number1


  • Ugonna Anyanwu Many people judged u from outside thanks for this story Ade


  • Carl Vinton that how life,people will not be satisfy with what you do


  • Daakyehene Bediako Adebayor you don't need to explain nothing to the world and to all those criticizing you should get a life.. Is kinda the same as people criticizing MayWeather for not getting close to him to know how good he is... I realize you have your own children ...See More


  • Nancy Keshy Ademolu Stop trying to please them!
    STOP IT!
    Cut off all you do for your family NOW!
    ...See More


  • Chelsea Opeyemi Oladimeji Same Here Bro .. I Gat Bad Family Too... Sometime I Think Am Adopted That Why I Was Treated Diffrently


  • OG Federico Thank God we now know everything and just as your Brother Didier Drogba said just do what makes you happy and watch no one you have done enough for them and enough is enough


  • Weere Meddy Snr Adebayo i feel your pain and its alws hurting to see that the people you labour to help as of right just turn around and dnt apreciate your effort.my kind advise to you go on and help the needy..if your family aint apreciating there people out there wh...See More


  • Marious This is very sad Bro...from day one when the news came out i was just laughing cus i know you have being helping lot of people, is very sad all this is happening just bcus u are seriously making it,which help do they need again?? people are doing small...See More


  • Habib Jay As African living in Europe I have no doubt about your story...All I can say is to feel no guilt and focus on your wife,kids and carrier


  • Peter Tetteh Thanks for sharing.. I feel your pain..
  • Rob Smith Sorry to read this.


  • Saminiwaa AkyeStill Burniton keep ur head up, Adebayor! God knows u done tried.... we werent placed on this earth to impress people, just to help! n if dat isnt appreciated, forget dem n live ur life. even if u lay ur life down for dem dey still wont appreciate... luv doz hu truly luv n focus on urself, ur dawta n God! life is too short to waste tym tryna convince pple to see ur worth. peace! bless u!
  • Jarunda Jaluth Mambobiad Give me your sister i will teach her how to be grateful.


  • Muzvare-Princess Betty Makoni Emmanuel never be sorry about sharing such truth.Many people are living lies.I thank you for donating to your family.They are very ungrateful and greedy. We stand by you during this time of disclosure.I can relate to you.Many people who we give to beco...See More


  • Olivia Appah You're married . Cut your siblings off. You're not responsible for them. Your mom on the hand, if she accepts the help you offer, help her. Don't go overboard, not even for her. You're human, not super man.
  • Shaibu Akansise Seriously, Funniest n loliest part "I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage"


  • Onyango Ogen-Odoi Osende Morale: sometimes the people closest to you are the real enemy


  • Zulai Haruna take hrt,,life is sumtyms unfair...but plz keep de good work,,,Allah will continue to protect nd bless u
  • Ian Whyte Jesus Christ, what a bunch of ungrateful ingrates. If everything Emmanuel Adebayor wrote is true then he is a remarkable human being. If it were me, none of them would ever see me again. God Bless you big man.
  • Klakum Fath Er Emmanuel Adebayor That is why even when you out of form you still play for Big team - and you still receive big wages - But i still have one feelings that Mum is Mum she would seriously regret it oneday - every mum would like to have a kid as you- Bless Bro - Bless 4 ever Bless Bless Bless just dont know how many times to say Bless - From Adebayor Ghana
  • Abaana Boogere You are a very brave man and I have a new found respect for the man in you. Your story is the same for many an African in the diaspora. Many relatives back home don't value the sweat and toil we go endure on their behalf. The end product is all they are interested in. It's heartbreaking.
    God bless.
  • Kwame McJoseph I understand your pain Baba Sheyi. Somewhere in 2003, I went to play a football justifier in Aflao and two of your younger bothers were among those who came to contest. When some of us were playing with bandage tied on our foot and no boots to play, yo...See More
  • Ritah Kaggwa Dude yu broke the Internet today at your own risk #Salute


  • Saintt Leeroy Wolf Snr People don't see our struggle but they have big eyes to see our success and our mistakes. God knows what you have done. I have witnessed some goods stuff you have done. God bless u . God is the reason#
  • Jannatul Firdaus Hhhmm, u made me cry. But believe me life is a test, just don't look at your mom's immorality and continue to help her in each ever way you can. As for your siblings you not responsible for their well being, you can choose wether or not to help them......See More


  • Nissy Besumbu I really admire your courage sharing your story. I assume that this must have been really difficult for you to expose your private live to the world. I want to thank you very much. Good will bless your endeavours.


  • Jay Aboney Seriously I had a bad image abt u but from today onwards big respect for u. African families depend too much on pple for their livelihood. Pull him down people. Cut them off. Am boiling up...


  • Scovia Kabugho Matsande Yo mum is the source of evil..
    A stupid woman pulls down her house with her own hands..but a wise one builds it, it's the responsibility of yo mum to bring back the unity..she is instead instilling hatred in her children


  • Alonzo Libsalonemusic Lol@ out 27 players he stole 21 phones. Keep your head up bro cause people will always talk no matter what. Do what you can to help but remember you just can't please every member of your family. Concentrate more on your wife and kids cause after all, they are the REAL FAMILY who will always be there no matter. Stay bless...


  • Leseul Unique I think this is too personal to share with the public. Irrespective of what people say, it's not ur place to defend urself and thrash ur family to strangers. If they're truly ur fans they'll respect ur privacy and understand family is out of bounds. Ad...See More



  • Post a Comment

    0 Comments